SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hello from Wyoming
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012

captainfletcher is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to captainfletcher Send a message via MSN to captainfletcher Send a message via Yahoo to captainfletcher
Hello from Wyoming

Hello everyone!
I am new to sailing and the community here. I have lived in land locked Colorado and Wyoming for the past 7 years. I am a big fisherman, especially fly fishing. Originally from central Texas, I moved to Colorado for a job with the railroad back in '05. I have yet to have sailed, but I've spent a good deal of time on the water with other small boats. I currently have a tiny one man inflatable pontoon boat that I use in the lakes. Now that my kids are getting old enough to get out there with me, I needed to upgrade to something large enough for the whole family. I had considered buying a v-hull aluminum boat, but my wife suggested a sailboat since the wind always blows here in Wyoming. After some researching on the web and library, I've become obsessed with sailing. Summers up here are much shorter than they were back in TX, but I plan to find a boat that I can learn to sail on and then be able to take the kids out for some sailing and fishing. Ideally, I'd like a boat that has room to sleep all of us overnight, but I'm not too sure if that's too big to learn the basic's on and to sail solo when the family can't come too.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook