SailNet Community - View Single Post - C & C 24 pros and cons
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012

PaulinVictoria is on a distinguished road
Re: C & C 24 pros and cons

Mine is a 1979 which had a different layout to the earlier ones. There is a galley area on the port side by the companionway, I have a 2 burner un-pressurised alcohol stove in there. There's a storage shelf behind, and a moulded storage cubby to the left under the cockpit. On the starboard side opposite is a sink, mine has electric pressurised water, and a decent sized icebox. The other designs of the 24' had the head mounted aft where my galley area is, so the stove/sink/icebox were crammed in opposite (if they even have a stove, sink, icebox etc). The head on mine is forward under the v-berth, good for space and a little more privacy, not ideal when the missus needs to use it during the night
Overall, for a 24' she has a ton of space below, not quite standing headroom. Certainly fine for a couple for a long weekend, maybe a week if you are well organised.

Sails great, accelerates quickly, turns on a dime, very responsive, great fun. Mine has a traveller and jib tracks, cunningham, vang and outhaul so it's pretty good for trimming. Will probably add a backstay adjuster this season.

Aha! Found some photos. These were before I bought her, she was just getting unpacked after winter. I am in the process of replacing the plaid too
Looking aft. There is storage under the stove too, as well as under the sink.

Looking forward, certainly one of the roomier 24' out there and gives you a taste of that "big boat feel"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PaulinVictoria; 04-05-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook