SailNet Community - View Single Post - Trying another tack... Looking for the right boat near Vancouver, BC.
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Re: Trying another tack... Looking for the right boat near Vancouver, BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgbrown View Post
Boats currently for sale within range:
Best:
CS36T(My dad has concerns about the size, but other than the length it seems a perfect fit for all my specs)
True North 34
Aloha 32
Westerly Renown 33'
CS 33
Niagra 31
Spencer 35 MkII
USA Albin Ballard(total refit in the past 4 years rigging, new engine etc)
USA Swift Sloop 33'(handholds everywhere, nice layout)

Acceptable:
Alberg 30
Bristol 33
Murray 33' cutter steel.
Ontario 32'

Boats I like that I can't find or can't afford:
Crealock 31.beautiful one in Seattle, probably my favorite out of all the boats I've seen, but it's almost double my 50, 000$ budget.
Almost any Robert Perry design.
Niagra 35
C&C 34+
Congrats on having the wisdom to actually LISTEN to the voices of experience.

You'd be doing well to get a CS36T for less than $50K - if you've found one, be suspicious of condition. It's not too big to handle - not really any more work than others you've listed.

I'd forget the Alberg 30 - too skinny & cramped for liveaboard - that door setup to close off the head is a pain.

You might add the Spencer 31 - good boats and they have that old "California" layout with a U-dinette opposite a starboard fore & aft galley - pretty spacious for a 31' to live on and WAY under your $ limit.

Peterson 35 from Martin Yachts - three different decks and two different interiors. Big, spacious and fast. The last version with the aft dinette layout is very spacious for liveaboard. They are well within your $ range.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook