SailNet Community - View Single Post - Trying another tack... Looking for the right boat near Vancouver, BC.
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Re: Trying another tack... Looking for the right boat near Vancouver, BC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQA View Post
If you are thinking of living aboard year round in Vancouver a pilothouse should be high on your list.

As for single handing, I am 64 and single hand my 44 footer without too much hassle. Slab reefing main.

Go and have a look at this clicky a pilothouse with some good kit.

If you are a fit 6 footer you will quickly learn to manage her. Warmer than anything else you are looking at and a MUCH BETTER liveaboard.

My concern would be the deck. It would need to be gone over by someone who knows what they are doing. If it looks like the whole deck is rotten and needs replacing walk away, a couple of sq feet would be an easy fix.
It's ferro. Better have it checked out by someone who knows ferro well. Locally, both John Samson and Chris Deiner are gone now and the were the fount of all knowledge re: ferro construction. Also, $39K is a lot for ANY ferro boat on this continent.

The CST is a much better choice IMHO, even though it's 1/2 the size.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.

Last edited by SloopJonB; 02-02-2014 at 11:39 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook