SailNet Community - View Single Post - First time ever from India-certification and sailing school advice!!
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: First time ever from India-certification and sailing school advice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shash_india View Post
However i want to learn sailing and so intend to join some sailing course for ASA-104..Since we have no such schools in India and no good ones in Asia-i would need to travel to USA or Europe which m completely willing to do..

Regards
Shashwat
I am quite sure you have good sailing courses in Asia and even In India that is a huge country. Sailing is not something that you can take a course and learn it all.You take a basic course, you sail and learn, than take another one and sail more (and learn) and then take an advanced course.

One of the best are the RYA certified courses and for having the more advanced one you have already to have many hours of sailing and I do not mean the ones you have on the courses but the ones that you make on your own.

For chartering a boat on coastal waters you only need the more basic course.

I have searched some RYA certified courses in Asia and that includes some in India:

Where's My Nearest | RYA

WCMYSS

RYA sailing courses in Malaysia and Thailand

Sail in Asia - Yacht Charters, Event Management, Training Courses, STCW95, RYA Certification, Regattas, Delivery, Cruises.

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 04-09-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook