SailNet Community - View Single Post - Full or fin keel?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012

Location: S/V Waltzing Matilda, Port Ludlow, WA (NW Puget Sound)
wolfenzee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to wolfenzee
Re: Full or fin keel?

The marketing industry has a huge impact on the decisions made by people when it comes to gear as well as boats...if people were to make decisions based on thier own experience, the knowledge of others as well as what just plain suited them best, what people choose would be far different. But our ecomony is based on decisions made by the marketing industry...just look a what people buy across the board and where peoples material priorities lay.
My boat isn't the latest greatest fanciest high tech...as a matter of fact she has alot of stuff most people have never heard of they are so "obsolete"...most of the stuff on the boat was found on boats when she was lauched 40 years ago (and alot of that wasn't so different from when the boat was designed 75 years ago...just logical upgrades). On thing I picked up from my father was to think things through, I spent 30 years looking at other peoples good ideas and bad ideas before I found what suited me best..then I proceeded to customize her to make my boat just what I want.

Last edited by wolfenzee; 04-09-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook