SailNet Community - View Single Post - Baltimore Fireworks: How far away?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Baltimore Fireworks: How far away?

As Shawn stated the fireworks in Rock Creek are major crazy...rivaled only by the ones we saw on the Rhode River together one year rafted up with T37chef ( Windgeist)

You really cannnot see the Baltimore fireworks from MYC, but can see the ones at Fort McHenry To see them you really have to go up the fork (West Channel) in the Patapsco past Fort McHenry which puts you into the mayhem which occurs when they stop.

Are their fireworks with OP Sail? HOw about staying in a marina close to Inner Harbor, but not right on top of it say the next to the Old Domino Plant- Harbor View Marina or further out Browns Warf Marina which is close to Fells Point and great bars/ restauarnts too/. You might even try Canton Marina or Anchorage Marina///great restaurants and neighborhooods close by. I am sure you could walk to Inner Harbor or even hop a 2 mile cab ride. The fireworks should be visable from either of these places.

You may be able to go up the Middle Branch of th Patapsco past the Cruise ship terminal to the Baltimore Yacht Basin, but I have never been up there and it is somewhat industrial area.

Donna, make sure you talk with Carol at MYC letting her know you are requiring a transient slip the following weekend. It may be the Tartan Club or Singles in Sailing weekend at MYC so make sure she has your reservation. If you want to I will call her.

Dave

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by chef2sail; 04-09-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook