SailNet Community - View Single Post - Trying another tack... Looking for the right boat near Vancouver, BC.
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012

Jgbrown is on a distinguished road
Re: Trying another tack... Looking for the right boat near Vancouver, BC.

Whoops. Reading about too many boats. I realize that 1) you told me about it already(the lines aft thing) 2) The owner of the boat and I talked about it too.

Moorage is going to be on the hook I think, assuming I can bug Gio into sharing his tips and tricks(Owner of the Pegasus that is in False Creek right now). The 36T already has heavier duty ground tackle than he's using, I've been doing a lot of research into anchoring techniques, especially those used under storm conditions. I figure if I spend 90% of my time sitting at anchor, and 10% sailing, and considering how many boats get damaged or washed up at anchor I figure I should devote my resources to learn how to anchor so I don't lose whatever I end up with. I've got printed copies of Maine Sailors observations on mooring, an interesting PDF on anchoring in the Sea of Cortez during a hurricane and I'm digging around to see what else turns up.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook