SailNet Community - View Single Post - Grampian 26
Thread: Grampian 26
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012

jackiegoddamn is on a distinguished road
Re: Grampian 26

Yeah, so how about an update on Destiny in my care. I should be documenting this monster of a project.

I cut the mast to pieces and scrapped the aluminum. I would have never felt easy about a re-welded aluminum mast. And yeah, the thing would have compressed the entire cabin; it was huge. That, coupled with how the original step was still in place, and not a new step for the new mast, and how I lost my job around that time, brought the project to a halt.

I just happened to be anchored next to another Grampian 26, and befriended its owner. I eventually worked enough odd jobs to buy the other Grampian, which of course came with its own set of projects. But over the last 6 months I have been slowly parting out Destiny to build up s.v Witch of the Waste, which I have renamed. It was another totaled G26, but I have been able to salvage it because of Destiny.

The rudder fell off, which I made a thread about. I am having a stainless steel rudder made for it, as well as a new SS bow fitting of my own design.

I have those pictures of Destiny from the first page of this thread printed out and hanging on my wall at home. She was gorgeous.

Destiny is currently a pleasant liveaboard with a few amenities collecting barnacles in the ICW.
-jackie
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook