SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boat for Single-Handed
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012
sunfish?junior?

Lou452 is on a distinguished road
Re: Boat for Single-Handed

I am not going to try to tell you what kind of boat will be the best I just do not want to see you look at Lake Erie like it is a wild beast. A lot can be said for a small lake to learn in and do not leave a safe fun level if you do not feel safe it is not fun . This is true for others with you and how they feel they are not going to have fun. I did say if you go to the lake you will find the weather you like. Look at what other boats are doing on the lake. I was and am still amazed at the huge amount of high $ boats that sit at the dock others that never left the bay. I have crossed the lake more than a few times. The best part of the lake is from 1 to 4 miles out. You will have know one else's wake to bother your boat. You can hold the course you want for as long as you like. Stay in close untill you feel safe then enjoy the lake . To repeat the lake will have the weather you like almost twice each day late in the summer because of a land sea breeze. Study this make notes time date wave height 4 hours apart if you want. You will see how it is almost like a time slot for what you want to do. You live near some of the best water on the planet and the warmest of the great lakes.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook