SailNet Community - View Single Post - Napatree Anchorage Restrictions Discussed
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012
HANUMAN

RobGallagher is on a distinguished road
Re: Napatree Anchorage Restrictions Discussed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUNDBOUNDER View Post
Just read this:

CT Marine Trades Association sent out an email

The Commission is not contemplating curtailing any beach or anchorage access other than the usual areas to protect eelgrass growth in shallow waters or piping plover beach nesting, as required by Rhode Island Fish & Wildlife.

The subject apparently was mentioned in a news article a few weeks ago, but never made it to the Commissionís agenda, nor does the Commission plan on discussing such restrictions in the future.

Napatree Point Anchorage Issue Clarified | BoatingLocal.com
Great to know! I was gonna try to make it back from JFK in time for the meeting. Now I can take my time

I do wish they would put transient moorings out there, it would take a strain off the eel grass, make it safer to anchor (lots of dragging there when the wind pipes up) and allow more boats access with the shorter scope of moorings.

I'm not advocating restricting anchoring completely, but it does not seem fair that the Watch Hill Yacht Club has the exclusive rights on moorings inside or outsider the harbor.

Also, the number of "illegal" moorings is growing. I don't know for sure if they are actually illegal but the WHYC seems to think they are.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook