SailNet Community - View Single Post - Metho Burner Replacement
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Re: Metho Burner Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartley18 View Post
The old gimballed 2-burner metho stove (pics below) on our boat has been faithful for many a year but the burners are on their last legs. There are no brands or markings left on the thing - but it isn't a Maxie, which is the commonest brand around here.

Attachment 10655

Attachment 10656

Can anyone recognise the burners and tell me where I might get replacements? It's generally way cheaper than the alternative.. which is a whole new stove.
C ..... Still have the old one we took off Raven when we went gas. Was in perfect working order and condition at the time, no use to me. Been stored on land ever since. It is a Maxi from memory. You want it ? Postage and a donation to charity.

Now .... under normal circumstances I'd say $50.00 to charity of your choice but you'll only go and give it to the church ( ) or even worse the Liberal party and we can't have that now can we ? Heaven forfend.

How about $50.00 to the RSPCA ?

I'm tempted to say the Greens but that would rankle wouldn't it ? eek:

Cheers mate

Andrew

ps - If you want it give me a call at the office. I could ship it off Tuesday.

pps - Get it up and running on board before parting with the dosh.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.

Last edited by tdw; 04-13-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook