SailNet Community - View Single Post - VOR down to two boats
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: VOR down to two boats

WOW! JuanK speaks out on the breakage issues for VSail:

Juan Kouyoumdjian statement on the breakages in the Volvo Ocean Race | VSail.info

Quote:
I believe we are presented with an intentional manipulation of the truth.

There is a common, spread notion that ALL the participants of this VOR have structural problems, that the situation is unacceptable and that something needs to be done for the future. A fundamental distinction needs to be done between the mast breakages and the rest, and whilst I think it is very important to understand what caused so many mast failures, it is a travesty of the truth to put ALL designs in the same basket when it comes down to the "other" structural issues.

This generalization might suit a specific Team, or person to push any agenda he might have for the future, but out of respect of the hard and serious work done with my Team I need to speak up.

Pretty strong words. Looks like this thing is going to really heat up.

I posted this link over at SA and immediately pissed off Clean for pointing out the fact that he missed the scoop...again. Heh-heh. Good times.

(VOR Leg 5 - Sailing Anarchy Forums - Page 78)
-Lots of great info in this thread from dudes in the know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 04-13-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook