SailNet Community - View Single Post - ASA and clubs?
Thread: ASA and clubs?
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012
sunfish?junior?

Lou452 is on a distinguished road
ASA and clubs?

I have sent my $ to join a sailing club. It comes with a free class I will go to for new to sailing not the ASA classes. The club has some ASA classes 101 and so on and teachers for the class. I have spashed around some on my own. I do have fun. I turned the sunfish over today 15kt wind gust 25kn Once more this was fun for me. I could have done a better turn that time I guess ? I would just like some of you to give me some thoughts. I have been asking some distant family members That I would say are very good at sailing. Its kind of a split vote They say pick a path you like. They will not take a side. I would like to hear some thoughts Pro or con If you do not want the world to see your post make it a messeage to me. I will still make the choice Oh more about me I do not like to be yelled at so I do not think I want to crew on some race boat to get yelled at! Don't know anything about race boats or crews so that might not be a fair thing to say. It is just the rummers I hear. I have crossed Lake Erie a few times opb a long time ago! Now I live a long way from what I call water. I would still say I am a newbe small boats is all I know. I sank a home made hobie cat. Boats fault not me Lol. Had a force 5 snap the main sheet block a few miles out In lake Erie many years ago. We made it back with the boat. Ok enough now you know little about me but lets go Lay IT OUT WHY should I why should I not ???? ASA and club sailing
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook