SailNet Community - View Single Post - Just Inherited Precision 23
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012

RoryP23 is on a distinguished road
Just Inherited Precision 23

Hey all, my name is Rory and I live in Washington, DC. I recently inherited my father's 1991 Precision 23 after he unexpectedly died last July. He was an inactive member of the SailNet community (username: dbear937). I grew up sailing the boat with him, so I know most of the basics, but I have many blanks in knowledge that I need to fill, especially regarding maintenance, navigation, etc. We would take the boat out once or twice a year on the inland lakes of Michigan. My dad purchased the boat new up in Tawas, MI and we sailed it on Lake Huron a couple of times, before trailering it downstate.

Right now, the boat is on a trailer next to my mother's house in metro Detroit. I am planning on having the boat transported down to the DC/Chesapeake Bay area once I find a marina with a wet slip to put it in. I'm hoping to do this within the next 4-6 weeks. I'd appreciate marina recommendations from any Potomac or Chesapeake Bay sailors who have ideas. I've heard good things about Rock Hall, MD, on the Eastern Shore. I'm also headed there on June 2 for a triathlon I'm competing in, so I'll get a chance to check it out.

This is all a new adventure for me, so if anyone is in the DC/Chesapeake area, I'd love some help getting her set up and even some help sailing the first few times out. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook