SailNet Community - View Single Post - Planning a Trip. Where would You go?
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012

creedence623 is on a distinguished road
Planning a Trip. Where would You go?

Hey guys/gals,

I am going to start planning my next cruise and I decided I'd ask the group for your thoughts on where I should go.

The set up: I have 8 weeks off, so I am going to use 5 weeks for a cruise (that way I can afford to wait out weather, etc). Because of work, these 5 weeks have to be in late June and early July. Not ideal due to hurricane season, but those are the constraints I have to work with.

The boat: Thrilled to say I closed on my new 2002 Beneteau 393 today!!! So I'll be taking that. (5' draft).

I'll be sailing from Bradenton, FL. I know that with 5 weeks I could get as far as the Caribbean and back but I wherever I go I want to make sure I have time to enjoy it. I will be sailing with my wife, but mostly single handing for all intents and purposes.

I was toying with the idea of a stop at Key West, followed by the Dry Tortugas and on to Cancun, but am open to any and all suggestions. What do you think?

And just for kicks here's the new boat!!!: http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...url=&imc=pg-fs

I'm a sailor, I sail!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook