SailNet Community - View Single Post - Planning a Trip. Where would You go?
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012

creedence623 is on a distinguished road
Re: Planning a Trip. Where would You go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogandy View Post
Wow - beautiful boat! If I had the time and the boat you've got I'd probably spend it all behind the wheel chasing horizon!

On my boat with that kind of time I'd take my time getting from Bradenton to the Keys, stopping off for some good food and fun at Captiva or Sanibel, exploring the Harney River with the dinghy, etc. then head for Long Key and the Channel 5 cut to look at the weather and make the decision to head west to Key West, the Tortugas and beyond, or head east and north up the Keys and over to the Bahamas. If you're a diver there's a solid month's worth of great diving up and down the Keys and it's just a short hop over to the Bahamas.

Good luck with the trip and keep the group posted with tales of your adventures!
Wow, that's a great itinerary, thanks for the suggestion! The Bahamas are the most likely destination based on the fact that it seems like a series of easy coastal hops to get there and back. I love the diving over there too (pretty excited about the using that open transom for diving too).

I think I am going to hit activecaptain.com pretty hard over the next few days and see what's doable, and what's stretching it. Not sure how seasonal weather is going to impact us, but once I've narrowed it down a bit I can look at that a bit more in depth.

THanks again!

I'm a sailor, I sail!

Last edited by creedence623; 04-16-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook