SailNet Community - View Single Post - C&c 37+
Thread: C&c 37+
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Re: C&c 37+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScuzzMonkey View Post
Thanks Faster! I appreciate that.

We're a little uncertain about some of the tax implications about buying in Canada and exporting the boat; I know we'll get hit with state taxes down here either way and possibly a small import fee, but I'm not sure how the whole HST thing works. If you happen to know any brokers up there who have experience with selling to Yanks, I'd be interested in chatting with them.
SNer djodenda bought a CS 36M up here a year or two back, came up by Amtrak and sailed the boat home from here. You might PM him, I'm sure he'd be happy to share the details.

Funny.. there's a 37R down from us on the dock and they were out yesterday raising the main etc at the dock.. seemed like he was showing it to a buyer. I just couldn't approach the guy, a total stranger, and ask "Scuzzmonkey??" But I did wonder if it was you. (not actually even sure the boat's for sale)

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)

Last edited by Faster; 04-16-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook