SailNet Community - View Single Post - Fuse near the battery
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012

asdf38 is on a distinguished road
Re: Fuse near the battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitiempo View Post
Are you referring to the midi fuses here? MIDI® / AMI® Fuses

They are installed in a fuse holder that is shown here The Safety Fuse Blocks (AMI®/MIDI® and MEGA®/AMG®)

For battery fusing I use ANL fuses or the MRBF terminal fuses linked to. The only problem with terminal fuses is that they add height to the battery and some boxes don't have the room.
Yep well that's exactly what I was missing. This must be about the only bluesea product I don't already own/know about.

I'll have to think about this. Right now I have the terminal post fuses, but as you say, they interfere with the battery box although I'll have to if with my new batteries (Going from G27 to G24 on the reserve) it still does. Assuming those fit I'm tempted to go down to 75A on the terminal post fuses and call the whole thing done (specifically the 10AWG alternator run, and 10AWG panel run need some thought) but I'm not sure if that can safely start the 1GM10.

If I keep 100A+ on the battery posts the 10AWG runs should get additional protection so then I need to consider the 30A inline fuse holders I have or, probably, these that you link. However these look a bit big. I'll have to see.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook