SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2012 Sailing Season
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Re: 2012 Sailing Season

The original plan was to raft up once a month (at least that was my intention when suggesting it), not stay at marinas necessarily. I think since the MYC get-together became the June activity, there is the assumption that we have to stay at a marina each month. Not so.

Suggestions of good spots to anchor and raft would be just fine. Those who don't want to raft with other boats can anchor independently and dinghy to the raft for munchies and socializing. We do that in my Catalina club and it works just fine. If there are a lot of boats we organize rafts of four or five boats each and designate one of the rafts (usually the one with the largest boats) as the food raft.

This all started when four or five of us had an impromptu raft up last summer, had a great time and decided to do it monthly this season and open it up to Sailnet. Each boat brought an appetizer contribution and a good time was had by all.

**And "hosting" simply means that you choose the anchorage (or marina if that's what you'd prefer but, again, the original intent was raft ups).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne

Last edited by DRFerron; 04-18-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook