SailNet Community - View Single Post - Not Sure Wich Winch to use
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012
First String

ltgoshen is on a distinguished road
Re: Not Sure Wich Winch to use

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyonR3 View Post
first, you only need ONE wrap around a self tailing winch for it to work. remember you are pulling on the tail in the top of the winch.. multi wraps will over-ride, and cause havoc when tacing fast..
your block or car for the sheet should be adjusted for the sail trim.. move it forward for a fat shape in lite air and further back when trimming..
the design you have on your boat is flawless and proven, dont try to change anything, might get someone with some experance to show you the ropes, (so to speak)
This is a great idea, the PO showed ne 22 different cup races he won with this PHRF boat. He has Alzheimer's disease now, But one thing he told me over and over is not to change the sailing layout. He said its a well oiled and proven single handed boat. I just can’t take him out with me to show me how to run the rigging. Not to mention I'm new to the whole thing. But Its coming together now. I am beginning to slowly get the kinks out. I did make it on a 25 mile run last Sunday. But it is so great to have folks willing to share their knowledge with newbie’s like me. This past weekend I never hooked to the track at all with a jib sheet. I only put a snatch block on the toe rail. This did not help. So this coming weekend I will go to the boat without taken her out and try to figure out the sheet, Blocks, tracks, and such.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook