SailNet Community - View Single Post - Choosing a slip at the Marina
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012

sevseasail is on a distinguished road
Choosing a slip at the Marina

So we are going to keep the boat during the season at the Holiday Marina on lake Lanier. Hopefully we can launch her on Saturday (Insurance pending and holding us at this time....).

The marina gave me three slips to chose from.
The fist one is on a mainly sailboats dock with no electricity (the particular slip that's available to me), a bunch of rotted boards on the deck on both sides of the finger (as per the contract you accept the condition of the slip as is...), it has no water, no electric but it does have a storage box. Also, it's the most expensive.

It will be the first one on the left.

The second is on a dock with over 80 large house boats and it will be located right off the access ramp on the left side. I'm concerned whit how much foot traffic will be on this part of the dock with all those huge house boats on the dock. It has water and electric.

The third one is on a mix dock with Sailboats and powerboats, and it will be towards the right end of the dock, it has electric and water.

They are all well protected and also at the inner ends of the marina which means a lot of in marina motoring before getting to the open water, good as far as the protection but a pain to navigate through the docks.

I told them I was interested on the third one, of course now I'm trying to get a 30 y/o boat insured.....
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook