Join Date: May 2006
Location: Chesapeake Bay, MD
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 10
Hey TB, that's me! That was a great article that Ian posted.
I have a Hardin 41 Seawolf. I personally think it is a really cool boat. When I bought it, frankly, it leaked badly. Fortunately, the previous owner was a bit eccentric and had lived aboard for the previous 10 years with a plastic cover over it. I discovered the leaks when I uncovered it for the first time.
I have been addressing the leaks one hatch at a time.
1. I have rebed all of the portholes.
2. I rebuilt the butterfly hatch.
3. I rebuilt the companionway entrance.
4. I removed the old stancions and covered the holes with epoxy pending installation of new stancions.
5. I still have to re-caulk the teak decking.
6. I have also re-bedded all of the deckside through-holes.
I think they are sturdy boats that need a lot of attention and maintenence. But its worth it.