Just last week I bought a beautiful '77 North American 23. The hull is great, it's been well kept, recently gel-coated on the sides of the hull and also the bottom has some kind of "Trinidad" blue paint that's sandpaper rough to keep growth off, interior is in good condition, but... I went to replace the battery and hook up the positive and negative terminals and flip the master switch on and...wait for it...NOTHING happened!! No red light next to the master switch. I know just enough about electrical wiring to be dangerous but am competent and willing to buy a ten dollar multimeter and get to work figuring out the problem and possibly rewiring the whole boat if it isn't terribly hard or pain in the butt. Can anyone steer me in the correct direction on where to even start? I'm just going to start with the battery cables and work my way up to the master switch and go from there. Is there anything I should be looking out for or checking?
Thanks in advance!
North American 23 - sailboat