SailNet Community - View Single Post - 1500 W 12V Real Sine Wave Inverters?
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Re: 1500 W 12V Real Sine Wave Inverters?

bob-
I took a look at Xantrex's web site, found their "Tech Dr" articles. Found that according to the waveform that they post, their Modified Sine Wave is...a crock. It isn't a modified sine wave at all, it is a modified square wave, no way any kind of emulation of a sine wave. A true "modified sine wave" at least uses multiple steps, multiple pulses, not just a simple square wave with delays. No matter how many vendors pretend it is.
So while their own talk says their MSW will run anything just like a real sine wave...I'm not buyin it. Literally or figuratively. Those guys are talking out of both sides of their mouths. I'll gamble on something else. I've had mixed results with square wave in the past, quite some time back in the past, and if it has a money back guarantee...I may gamble, but not with Xantrex. I don't like smoke and mirrors, and anyone who calls a modified square wave "modified sine wave" can be glad I don't work at the FTC.

Last edited by hellosailor; 04-21-2012 at 12:10 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook