SailNet Community - View Single Post - A blue water sailer that can go in light winds
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: A blue water sailer that can go in light winds

Hey Alice, welcome to SN. You should look at PCP's epic "Interesting Sailboats" thread here: Interesting Sailboats

In my limited knowledge from the research and discussions here, I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with any of the boats you list.

At this point, for me, I like the Beneteau First series as an all-round fast, blue-water cruiser. And you can easily find used Firsts in the sub 100K range.

But, I also like Hunters...seriously. They really are a lot of "luxury" for the money, and are proving quite robust in blue-water as shown by our very own Sequitur.

I think it all really comes down to you, how you sail that boat, and what exactly you want out of it for the majority of time you're on it.

Hopefully PCP will come along and give you some options. Shoot him a PM if he doesn't see this thread.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook