SailNet Community - View Single Post - A blue water sailer that can go in light winds
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: A blue water sailer that can go in light winds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daily Alice View Post
Smack..: Different topic, but reading around online there are various horror stories about the quality of Hunters ...
Yeah, there always have been. The issue is, I just don't buy most of them.

A member here, Michael, has a very, very respectable pedigree as a seaman...and he picked the Hunter 49 as his boat after a lot of research and deliberation. He just took Sequitur around Cape Horn, then into an F10-11 that crossed his path. The boat did fine.

That's good enough "quality" for me...especially with the kind of sailing I plan to do for the next 10 years.

Sequitur

Oh, and here is another blue-water boat of questionable quality that did 4 knots in light winds using blankets as a sail...and it was a stinkpot:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 04-21-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook