SailNet Community - View Single Post - Can someone help me out with the dimensions of the outboard well of a Bristol 27?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012

Tree is on a distinguished road
Re: Can someone help me out with the dimensions of the outboard well of a Bristol 27?

Hi..... my 27 is parked outside. I can go measure things tomorrow if you could be more specific. ...... I'm not sure what measurements you want. The outboard well is the hole that the shaft goes down through. I can't imagine a yamaha not fitting through. I use an older Honda 15 and it goes through the hole easily. Maybe you mean the depth of the Lazerette? Again, I'm thinking it would fit if my Honda 15 fits a lower horsepower Yamaha would.....so, what part is too large? Is it the cowling on the Yamaha? Or is it the outboard tiller? If I were to buy a new outboard, I'd be looking at remote control set up and mount the controls in the cockpit so you don't have to open the lazarette lid so as to make motor adjustments (throttle, foreward/ reverse/ neutral) You really can't steer the motors much in the wells so you don't worry about that much. Let me know what you need.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook