SailNet Community - View Single Post - A blue water sailer that can go in light winds
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012
No longer on Sailnet

chall03 will become famous soon enough
Re: A blue water sailer that can go in light winds

Look, I am going to get in trouble for saying this, but what is it about Americans, well actually all of the western world come to think of it Australia included, that we require a certificate, or stamp of some kind of 'standard' to tell us whether we can sail a certain boat across an ocean or not???

If a bunch of geeks on a panel tell me a boat is 'certified' category A then I guess I can just hop right on board and sail off into the blue yonder with my family trusting all is good?? If I could just get the geeks to programme the waypoints into my GPS and then get some weather geeks to model the weather and then I won't have to think for myself at all

I think if you need any kind of standard to determine for YOU whether your boat is or is not suitable to cross an ocean than you really have no business crossing oceans.

'Life is either a daring adventure or nothing' - Helen Keller

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by chall03; 04-22-2012 at 07:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook