SailNet Community - View Single Post - Passport Yachts
Thread: Passport Yachts
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006
I'd rather be sailing

labatt will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguaretype
Labatt, did you buy Pelican. I saw the boat when I stopped by while attending the Annapolis Boat Show. My concerns were teak decks, electrical wiring, iron keel, and black iron fuel tanks. I also need air conditioning where I sail. Out of couriosity can you share the selling price? I currently own a 79 Tartan 37 in pristine condition (new engine, sails, standing rigging, canvas, air conditioner, electronics, etc.), and could not justify the price differential.
We are finalizing the sale on Tuesday. There was actually a survey done on the boat prior to us looking at it so I was able to get an idea of any issues at the start of the process - very helpful. I'm not in love with having teak decks, but we only expect to have this boat for 2 years so I'll deal with them. We're going to get them refinished and that will cost us around $5k (yes, I know that's a good deal). Did you see something wrong with the electrical wiring? The only thing they survey made apparent was the lack of GFCI outlets. I'm OK with the iron keel - once again, for the same reason as the teak decks - I'll only have the boat for a couple of years. What's the problem with the black iron fuel tanks? Rust concerns?

I'll share the price once the deal is complete

Chris
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook