SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Salona 38 - Solaris 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsvinet View Post
Another thing i notice is that Solaris gives the Displacement 6900kg vs 7100 for richardbaldwinyacht...
It is possible that the boat with the shorter keel and more ballast (2700kg) weights 7100kg and with the deep draft and less ballast (2400kg) weights 6900kg, but of course, the maths are wrong: we have a 200kg difference when the difference in ballast is 300kg.

If you are interested in the boat you have to ask them because they are not clear in what regards weights of the boat in the two keel configuration neither in what regards building materials. I don't know if they have an epoxy option and that will make the boat some hundreds of kg lighter.

Anyway the boat seems to me a bit less sportive than the Salona but as a cruiser it is still a very fast cruiser, a very seaworthy boat, a gorgeous design by Soto Acerbal and a boat that would make proud any owner, as I have said a truly great sailboat...for the ones that can afford it. A prestige boat, a kind of more sportive Halber-Rassy. The price of this one should not be far from the price of the Halberg-Rassy 372.

Solaris by Serigi

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 04-23-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook