SailNet Community - View Single Post - West to East - Trans-Pacific to Japan
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012

Daily Alice is on a distinguished road
Re: West to East - Trans-Pacific to Japan

Yes, I will probably need to up by outfitting budget and/or reduce my original purchase price, or both. Like I wrote in my post, I was giving a "lowball" figure, not my maximum. Things always end up over-budget, and I do want to at least contemplate efficient expenditures. But things like electronics and safety gear are simply necessities. Finding a boat with radar installed and operational would be worthwhile, etc. (I could go on, into the details...)

I'm informed by James Baldwin's efforts:

"Boat Improvement Projects" here
Atom Voyages - Articles

other pages throughout, like here:
Atom Voyages - Planning

Also have several books to work from, on offshore outfitting, as well as some of my acquaintances here who have done a bit. Always looking to gather more information though. Much will depend on what I can find at a discount, looking at DIY/creative options. Though spending properly where it needs doing. I could also luck into a boat which isn't needing as so much work to outfit. I've noticed there are boats occasionally listed in Mexico (e.g. Mazatlan), on Yachtworld -- read mixed reports on purchase there -- though the boats though have been outfitted, to get there. Any suggestions are always welcome.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook