SailNet Community - View Single Post - Favorite Cruising Music?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012

larrybme is on a distinguished road
Re: Favorite Cruising Music?

Thanks for taking the time for that list leocat66. I will check out each one of them. You too MikeOReilly.
No body mentioned Cool Change by LRB. I listen to that one at least once a week if not more often, reminds me of why I am eating at home all the time and saving as much of my meager wages as possible. Or does that one fall into the same catagory as Jimmy Buffett? Whom I have most all of his songs and they still bring a smile when I hear them yet again and play them often just to get into a light hearted mood. I freely admit to being a parrot head. Christopher Cross, well I listen to 'Sailing' when it comes up on the ipod in shuffle mode, but how about his 'Ride Like the Wind', it's not a far stretch to adapt parts if not mostly to sailing. Most anything Santana, check out 'Shape Shifter', and of course 'Europa' and 'Samba Pi Ti', oh and 'Singing Winds and Crying Beasts', 'Vera Cruz'. Even Madonna's 'Isla Bonita'. For the jazz lovers check out Gato Barberi and Two Cellos. Erikah Badu is very nice for romantic evenings with a special mate, add red wine. I am gravitating towards clasical more and more, there is such a wide range of classical music to fit all moods and goes very nicely as background music to the wind in the sails and waves past the hull.
Thanks again all, as you can tell, I can use and appreciate new music to explore. So glad I perused this thread, and will continue doing so.
Larry
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook