SailNet Community - View Single Post - Kitchen equipment.
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about
Re: Kitchen equipment.

30'er? I'd LOVE to have the space of a 30'er! The mind boggles at having all that room for galley equipment. I could get a third pot! maybe, even, be still my heart, an oven!
We don't have any specialized marine galley gear aboard Whiskeyjack, but, and this is a big but, we are in a freshwater environment. However, having said that, if you take care of your equipment, keep it clean and dry and/or clean and oiled, good old fashioned dirt-kitchen stuff works just fine.

Do you like to cook, or do you like to reheat? Do you enjoy chopping and shredding and peeling and slicing and marinating, or are you a heat and serve cook?
It makes a difference in what is important to have aboard.

Whiskeyjack is not as well equipped as Auspicious, and our presentation is not as , er, presentable, but we believe that living small doesn't mean you can't live large.
Olive oil in a pump sprayer, or even just a squeeze bottle, is a must-have. a little oil goes a long way.
Good nesting cookware is great- Cheap bad, crappy nesting cookware isn't worth the space it takes up. you don't have to have magma, but you do need something better than World Famous or Coleman. And, really, at Defender the difference in price between a cheap set and magma isn't that great.

With a little thought and planning any galley can become much more usable.
Before:
After:

A site with some good info:

Outfitting - Boat Galley Equipment

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bljones; 04-24-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook