SailNet Community - View Single Post - Changing Tack, Ideas About the Next Boat
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012

snider is on a distinguished road
Re: Changing Tack, Ideas About the Next Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by souljour2000 View Post
There you go...Hilton Head would be a bit far though in retro-spect...Didnt realize it was so far south...I guess I was thinking it was further north but confused with Myrtle Beach or something...Anyways...enjoy the summer and get your feet wet or out on the water in something...that's all that matters if your a water-nut like me...
Yea Hilton head is a little far. There's an inlet about 15 miles down the coast we've sailed too a few times and anchored for the night. It's a nice few hour sail. I really want to go to Bull's bay north of here. It's a large shallow bay that's protected as a wildlife preserve, pretty uninhabited. Hilton head would be nice maybe with a stop over for the night and a few days to spend there. There's 4 navigable inlets between here and there in good weather.

I just read an article by practical sailor about the Olson, looks promising, however you're right, I don't see any for sale. They also wrote about an Express 34 that looks promising. Both good offshore boats.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook