SailNet Community - View Single Post - Kitchen equipment.
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012
Multiman

mdi is on a distinguished road
Re: Kitchen equipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
When we had a 28'er I put in a stove with grill and oven. Took up space but I never regretted it. Did the same on the 34'er and sacrificed other storage space to allow for cooking implements - pots pans crockpots baking dishes and the like. BBQ is indispensible for hot weather. Reality is that having space for a better galley was a major reason for going larger.

Biggest mistake we've made previously was going for small size. The space saved is really not worth the pain of trying to cook in undersized kitchenware. Its annoying and messy though of course you are always limited to some extent by the smaller size of boat stoves. A frying pan e.g. that is too large to permit using the second burner is simply not a practical idea.
I think that folks who do not really cook or know how to cook often make this mistake under the pretext that they can get by with a smaller galley, almost like the galley is an after thought or they will just make do. How someone who intends to live aboard can have a sub par cooking station is strange to me.

Tell me please "tdw" what model and brand of "grill and stove" did you install?

Anybody got a link to some upgraded equipment like this or other galley upgrades?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook