SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cal 28 Vs. Catalina 27 livaboard
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Cal 28 Vs. Catalina 27 livaboard

I have the C27-dinette like you're talking about. A couple of pics here:

Show me your sailboat's interior

I'm 6' (and ripped, of course). You'll have standing room only near the companion-way. And you'll only be able to stretch out in the pilot berth. And you'll continually bump the crap out of your head on the v-berth "door" frame top.

The dinette is actually a really nice option, because it gives you another good-sized bed - or a bit more layout room on the table while you're cooking. Storage, for clothes, etc. - is very minimal. You've got the hanging locker, but it's small. However, without an inboard, you've got a good deal of room in the engine compartment.

I replaced the holding tank in our boat - and re-plumbed the head. It's easy. The holding tank goes under the forward dinette seat and you just plumb up from there to the head, vent and pump-out. BUT, you'll be emptying your holding tank A LOT. So be ready for that hassle.

I personally wouldn't want to live on my boat (or a Cal 28). Especially in a cold damp climate. Too freakin' small. But that's just me.

I love sailing her and spending a few days at a time on her though!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 04-26-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook