SailNet Community - View Single Post - Repowering a CS 36T
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: The 44B

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcelwee View Post
Hi Maine Sail,

I'm looking at repowering a CS36 with a westerbeke w46. It's slightly longer than the 44B (~1.5 inches longer), but otherwise very similar overall. Do you think this would work in the CS36? Could you let me know what kinds of modifications were required? Thanks!
-Josh
The 44 is really a little too much power especially if you don't have engine driven refrigeration, why the 46? There is room in back of my engine for another 1.5" but it would be getting crammed to add any other PTO's etc.. All that was done was drop the rear mounts which involved cutting and re-welding them plus a new waterlift muffler. The stringers are solid fiberglass and holes were drilled to get nuts on the back side of the mounts. There is metal embedded under there too but I prefer nuts...

You also might consider a Beta. If I were re-powering today it would be one of the top contenders. Stanley at Beta is about as good as it gets with customer support and working out the "fit"..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook