SailNet Community - View Single Post - Choosing a slip at the Marina
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012

MastUndSchotbruch is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Choosing a slip at the Marina

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDiver View Post
Rest assured that I do.

Every marina I've ever seen or been to is a "no wake zone" and they all have some sort of protection from the outer elements. Passing boat wakes are not a factor...usually....

Before I moved across the lake to another marina, my marina was at the back of a long slough and in a cove. The whole slough was a "no wake zone". This yo-yo comes into the marina, plowing, a giant bow wave and huge wake behind him. As the giant wake moved through the marina, it tossed boats about fairly violently and caused alot of movement of the docks. This jackass must have done this all the way down the slough, because the Lake Patrol was waiting for him. After watching the spectacle for a half hour or so....they had him, his family (obnoxious lot and he was being a loud jerk), big ass boat, trailer and giant SUV...over to the side, the local police showed up and were giving him a field sobriety test.

I had to leave and didn't get to see the outcome, but I'm sure his day didn't end well and cost some serious $$$$. Fine with me...inconsiderate jerk. There are side to side, million dollar lake homes all down the slough...one dude even has a Hughes 500 on the roof of his boat house...and none of those folks appreciate their toys being tossed about by a big boat wake. (Eagle Mountain Lake is where Fort Worth money goes to play)
Well, you make may case pretty nicely Police is not always there and if this jerk, or one of his friends, comes by, I would want to make sure that his bow wave does not ram my boat into the pier. That's what an after spring is for...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook