SailNet Community - View Single Post - Is this a Good Sander for Bottom stripping
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Re: Is this a Good Sander for Bottom stripping

Quote:
Originally Posted by follysurf View Post
Alright, I am going to try this drywall scraper but feel that I will need the orbital at points of the process and it probably also a good tool to use between coats. ( have not read instructions on paint but assume you still need to sand betweeen coats).

So back to the original question. Does orbits per minute or operating amps matter more. The Dewalt seems to be the most comfortable but has a far less opm with greater amps. Other Dewalts, Bosch,Porter etc are about 3 amps with 7000 to 12000 opm. the other Dewalt is 6 amps with 3600 opm.

Thanks for all the responses and opinions. Never even thought a drywall screen is the best choice!
Amps = horsepower and as every car guy knows, you can NEVER have too much horsepower. Go with the DeWalt.

I'd use a longboard like the one I posted a picture of, or maybe one of the drywall screen sanders for between coats - it will fair things up and you only want to trim off the high spots in that situation - you don't need "tooth" for the next coat of bottom paint.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook