SailNet Community - View Single Post - Info for our dream honeymoon sailboat charter
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012
Reforming Stinkpotter

captainjay is on a distinguished road
Re: Info for our dream honeymoon sailboat charter

So you have received lots of good advice already. I work in the charter industry and I have to say this way outside the scope of normal charter. More than likely you will have to contract with an individual owner/operator that is interested in this cruise in the first place. This type of thing just doesn't fit the normal charter boat menu. That said it would not be hard to imagine an owner who charters some legs of their cruising to help cover costs taking this on. You may also want to contact a brokerage like Ed Hamilton that know boats and crews personally. They might know of someone wanting to take on a new challenge. I have to assume you have better than average resources, since you are looking at a three month vacation. The costs involved will likely be very high, especially if you aren't able and qualified to participate actively in running the boat. As the more crew you need the bigger the boat will be and the costs will go up with the size. I would think a fifty foot boat with a husband and wife crew would do the job if you are both willing to stand watch. If not you will be in the fifty plus range and a crew of four. These can be close quarters for six people over a three months.
Good luck,

Jay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook