SailNet Community - View Single Post - Vancouver area : looking about sharing a boat
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Re: Vancouver area : looking about sharing a boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFU View Post
Hi down there,

Observation #1 : Most boat are under-used.
Observation #2 : Moorage is not cheap and very difficult to find here

So here is the Super Idea #2,345 : Why not share a boat !

Wonderfull isn't it ? And I am sure nobody though about it before me

I am pretty open on the condition :
- It could be a share ownership
- It could be your boat and I participate on expenses and maintenance for having the boat a week end per month
- It could be the other way
- It could be another idea I didn't think of

The tricky part will be to find a person that is a good match (and here I won't be that open to avoid any issue).

If you are interested, or just want to get in touch to chat a little, please PM me.
We can meet and have a coffee, talk a little bit, see if we are a doable pair , and if it is possible to work out something.

SFU

PS : Here are some detail about us :
We just toped 40 (damn it !!). We are pretty easy going, have the habit of not taking ourself too seriously, don't pretend to be awesome sailors (we are not), and smart enough to know our limits.
There's a Hughes 38 berthed in Burrard Civic that is looking for a third member - $7500 buy in seems pretty reasonable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook