SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Maxi yachts

The confirmation of what I have posted some time ago : Delphia is the new owner of Maxi yachts:

"Now we are very pleased to inform You that we have been able to acquire Maxi Yachts

Delphia Yachts is the new owner of Maxi Yachts International AB now. We believe that with our modern production facility and with long experience in building yachts and motorboats we will hold Maxi boats production at the highest quality standards and live up to the reputation the brand had developed within sailing community.

Delphia Yachts is one of the largest Central European producers of sailing and motor boats. The company currently offers a range of 11 boats that are being sold primarily on the Western European markets, which account for 90% of the export sales. Over the last couple of year the company has been rapidly developing its brand awareness and dynamically building dealership network, which today extends as far as the USA, Russia, Japan and Australia. Through our long standing relationship with Brunswick Marine we also manufacture approx. 1000 of their Quicksilver and Uttern class motor boats each year.

Both Delphia Yachts and Maxi maintain a very high standard of construction and are focused on providing world class service

We look forward to continuing to expand Maxi brand and we see tremendous potential on this brand in our company."

The big mass production companies are buying the smaller and less mechanized produced prestige brands while these ones are bankrupting. It happened with Grand Soleil, bought by Bavaria, with Dehler, bough by Hanse and now with Maxi. I believe this is a good thing, not only because it permits the survival of great names (and boats) on the industry but also permits the big injection of capital needed to modernize the production lines, made them more mechanized, using more robots, allowing a bigger quality control and a better price.

I just hope the quality will be maintained.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook