View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Respect in Posting

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail
I am in full agreement with Maine. Absolutely utterly offensive. If the moderators allow offensive remarks such as this and personal attacks by this poster and the other smug megaposter and dont reign this stuff in, I will soon be joing the ranks of our former collegue Saildog and turn away from postimg on this forum. I am a big supporter of Sailnet in our area, but these mindless internet denizens who take great sport in making fun of others who post are getting old.

Its funny the moderators never post like this an are encouraging as well as respectfull of others comments, even when they disagree. It is not just what you say in life...its how you say it.
Respect is becomming a thing of the past in Sailnet forums. Just saying
Quote:
BTW - do you want me to come up with a nickname for you?-Smackdaddy
I dont have to search far a wide to find what I was talking about. You gave me one right away. This is an example. Think about it. You werent coming up with a nickname for me to flatter me....but to make fun of me. Maybe that gives you great pleasure to riducule others in public. Maybe that make you feel like a better sailor. Maybe you "need" to do it to make yourself feel superior. I dont have the time to analyze your actions...nor do I want to waste my time. MY OPINION and thats all it is, is that behavior like this does not help entice others to post here or make Sailnet a place a newperson would want to join.

Feel free to criticise my respect to others in my posts. Also remember when you do that I help organize meetings and get togethers of other Sailnetters here in the Chesapeake and have met many many posters in person. See, I dont hide behind my internet screen, I am fully engaged.

I try not to offend others ( I am not always successful and feel badly if I do), I do not feel I am an expert in sailing even with over 40 years experience racing and offshore sailing. I am only an "expert" in the culinary and restaurant field. Other opinions count and are important.

My statement concerning respect in the other post is what I feel is starting to happen in Sailnet, and I am not happy with the direction it is taking. To turn it into a referendum about my posts is nothing but a tactic of deflection. Talking about the community policing itself isnt the point here. Policeing yourselves is. Before I post here I always say to myself......would I say this in person face to face to the issue I am addressing or talking about. If not...I dont post it. Ridiculing a person for what they beleive in, their lack of experience in sailing, is NEVER a sign of respect in my book.

Please show respect in your postings..we want others to join...not people walk away.

Just saying.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner