SailNet Community - View Single Post - Respect in Posting
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Respect in Posting

BLJones

Quote:
C2S, notice I have not gotten all cranky and indignant about the names that you called me- "smug megaposter," "mindless interent denizen." Careful with that name calling stuff- it makes you look a lot like me.
Did not refer to you

Quote:
I apologized for an offensive word I used, a word that in the future, will be replaced with the word "idiotfest
I agree..thank you

I started this thread to try and make some (including me) look at how the posts and words we use affect others who come to this site. If it detracts and we want to encourage others to join and participate then we should moderate how we say things to each other. Simple concept

If I am violating this...send me a pm, I will change. The object here is to ENCOURAGE participation not discourage it.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner