SailNet Community - View Single Post - stuck!
Thread: stuck!
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006
Hitchin' a ride

bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough
stuck!

I am about to pull the trigger on a Beneteau 331 for 70-75k. It is in immaculate condition. The guy kept track of every little thing he did to it, it looks brand new. It does not, however, have much extra to it. No windlass, autopilot, gps, chartplotter, spinnaker setup, extra sails, bimini or dodger. Very basic. Engine hours at 385. The problem is that its at the very top of my price range, and may be a struggle. On the other hand, there are two other boats that are affordable(no upgrades either). An older(1990), and much less roomy, Beneteau 32s5 asking 53k (kind of high), and a '01 Hunter 320 asking 54k. Its hard to stretch the budget, but the Beneteau 331 is obviously the better overall boat in how it sails(vs Hunter) and the livability. The other two boats I would be able to upgrade and get all the things I would like to have. I wonder if we buy the other Beneteau or the Hunter that we would regret not getting the 331 at what seems to be a really good price.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook