SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pictures: Those perfect moments
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Pictures: Those perfect moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopJonB View Post
Paulo, you sure live in a gorgeous place.
Thanks, but I have been posting pictures of all South of Europe. Yes it is a beautiful place but I would not say I live there;, not even in Porto the one I have posted the last pictures (actually that time i was there with my boat).

Born in Lisboa that is a very beautiful place but I lived most of my live here:

In that peace of land that goes inside the sea. It is called Baleal and it was an old fishing village, particularly whales (Baleal means the the place of the whales). Of course that was so many centuries ago that it is very rare to see one there now. I have posted several photos from Baleal and I still have there a summer small house. Now I live on the country, near by in a place called Coimbrã.

Baleal is really a very beautiful place:

The old Chapel:

And it can be pretty savage sometimes with 25ft waves crashing against these rocks:

Now I still have a view for the sea, but I live on the countryside:

Regarding beauty, Canada is one of the places I want to go, particularly to British Columbia. One of the few regrets I have was not have managed to find the money to go there 20 years ago, on a dirt motorcycle tour, kind of a sportive event, camping in the middle of the nature. I was invited, they would had a motorcycle for me and the logistics to have food and gasoline on the wilderness, for me and 5 more riders. I bet that is forbideen now

Regards

Paulo

Last edited by PCP; 04-29-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook