SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pictures: Those perfect moments
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012
Frozen Member

AlaskaMC is on a distinguished road
Re: Pictures: Those perfect moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Regarding beauty, Canada is one of the places I want to go, particularly to British Columbia. One of the few regrets I have was not have managed to find the money to go there 20 years ago, on a dirt motorcycle tour, kind of a sportive event, camping in the middle of the nature. I was invited, they would had a motorcycle for me and the logistics to have food and gasoline on the wilderness, for me and 5 more riders. I bet that is forbideen now
Regards
Paulo
Nope, at least up here in Alaska you can still go out in the backcountry with a motorcycle (or snow machine in winter) and camp and see country that very few ever see. You can spend as much time as you can manage to support yourself.

Here is one of those perfect moments when all the water was in a solid state, as it is here for 7 months a year. Denali (otherwise known as Mt. McKinley) is in the background. 20K feet tall, the tallest in N. America. We camp very close to here for days in the winter.

EDIT: SloopJ, good to hear that you can still do the same over in BC. Sledding is kinda big there too.

Last edited by AlaskaMC; 04-29-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook