SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
New boats: Flabria 33 and 40ft.

Flabria are Polish boats that are not alike other Polish boats, they are relatively expensive boats and point to a superior semi-custom segment of the market.

Never heard about it? well this one I had to confess that till some time back neither do I. Never saw one, they are not in the main European boat shows and I can only judge the quality by the photos.

Why are they interesting? Well the simple fact that a Polish shipyard can survive for several years already, expanding their line and making quality boats without going to boat shows is interesting. If they would not make a quality product at a very competitive price nobody would be buying their boats and they are doing all right on a very troubled market affected by the global crisis.

Let's have a look at their boats:

The older one, the 40 looks a modern but very traditional design (by European standards). Certainly it is not about the design that people are buying the boats. The stability curve is really very good.

The boat looks very well done and if it is not for the design neither for the price (over 320 000€) it only can be for the quality that they manage not only to survive but also to besides the new 33 a projects for a 45 and 50ft boats.

The new 33ft looks more modern, with a more high tech keel and it looks really interesting.

The boat has also a centerboard version and cost a bit over 200 000€.

Yacht magazine tested recentely the 33 and the 40ft:

MOVIE:

Flabria 33 und 40 im Doppelpack - Yacht TV

|| Flabria Yachts Finland

Last edited by PCP; 04-30-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook