SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pictures: Those perfect moments
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012

PCP will become famous soon enough
Korkula - Croatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaMC View Post
Looks like Croatia has to go on the charter list for us in the next few years. That is absolutely beautiful!
Yes you should. I have charted there the last two years and I will go there probably for the last time with my boat now. Croatia mix beautiful unspoiled nature with an incredible number of shelters with cultural heritage. You can be on a nice cove or in a protected bay near a beautiful old town. Not far from Dubrovnik on the Island with the same name you have old Korkula:

Probably you don't want to moor on the city quay unless you want to spend a lot...

The old town is surrounded by water and on the other side of the quay you have a small Marina, also expensive and very difficult to find a place but on that direction, a bit further you have a big cove with sand bottom, good shelter and at about 1 km from the old town. You can come with the dingy but since this is a windy place you risk to arrive wet. Ir is better to pick a water taxi (they are around that cove looking for customers). It is not expensive and you can arrange with the guy a return voyage, even late in the night ( mid-night/one in the morning) and better to arrange that for late because Korkula has lovely restaurants and pubs. Don't miss Korkula it is a fantastic place

This is the oldest church and on the left side you can see the ruins of what the tradition says it was Marco Polo house (they are recovering it). Korkula belonged at that time (and several centuries after) to Venice.

All streets, from on side or another end up in the water front:

One of the traditional trades was Coral and amber. They still have a tradition in what regards jewelry: you can find beautiful pieces.

Last edited by PCP; 05-01-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook